Thursday, January 21, 2010

Executors Account Executor Of Estate Cashed A Check From My POD Account, How Can She Do This?

Executor of estate cashed a check from my POD account, how can she do this? - executors account

One of my relatives died in August 2006. I have designated as beneficiary on a POD account - I have confirmed with the investment company.

He had prepared to pay the account. In December, the executor did receive a dividend check by mail.

He refused to send a death certificate for him, the funds get transferred to my name, I am currently in discussions with the Department of Health Vital Statistics, which do not give me one, because I'm not the family.

I do not know what to do.

How can one deny the certificate to be transmitted and how they took a check from my uncle, 4 months after his death, if a beneficiary account?

It is the bank liable?

4 comments:

pepper said...

This relationship has provided no reason for the delay in the transfer of accounts available?

The value of the account is in bankruptcy, even if you are the beneficiary.

I suggest you call the agent who handled the account. I am surprised that he had no contact with you shortly after the time of death, create a name for your transfer account. This should have done months ago. You know what happens (or can know).

It is responsible - checks issued to a deceased person in a benefit due upon arrival. This account has been in the goods into account - in limbo. Bank is not responsible - the property is responsible.

Do you have a copy of the will? Things sometimes take time for their legalization. I agree, you should consult a lawyer - simply because he was counsel for the executor's appeal and see what happens a lot faster than you can. You will receive answers to your questions (if your bank or broker has not - have the death certificate of the TSE applicationate closure or transfer of the account).

Cat said...

I suggest you take a real lawyer if they have no money to have to pay a lawyer to obtain legal advice, it's free, or those willing to pay now, and by agreement in written premiums. I think the Bank is responsible, marital status and women. I would, after all, if I could.

Cat said...

I suggest you take a real lawyer if they have no money to have to pay a lawyer to obtain legal advice, it's free, or those willing to pay now, and by agreement in written premiums. I think the Bank is responsible, marital status and women. I would, after all, if I could.

Barb Z said...

Just to remind you that the file is publicly on the death certificate and still is, a copy. If that fails, ask to speak to the supervisor and to move us in the chain of command to find someone to help. If all else fails with your trump card and say if you do not give a copy to put in touch with his lawyer. If he still does not, I would consult a lawyer. Most give a free consultation of 30 minutes.

Post a Comment